Saturday, March 28, 2009

Heaven and Hell: Black Sabbath


Black Sabbath's newest change. Their name. With Dio as the frontman with the original members of Sabbath have changed their name to Heaven and Hell. A message they are sending their fans is that they will not be playing any of the old Sabbath classics (fronted by Ozzy) at their shows. Being a Sabbath fan since like forever, (I prefer the Ozzy era), I'm not taking to the name change. To me it would be like Van Halen offically changing their name to Van Hagar during the Hagar era. Or AC/DC changing their name to Back in Black and refusing to play the Bon Scott stuff at their shows. Now I will say the Black Sabbath with Dio sounds pretty good but they other than Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell, what other BS songs with Dio turned into classics? I would be very dissapointed to go the show and not hear Iron Man or Paranoid. At least keep the name and just not play the Ozzy stuff.

No comments: