Sunday, November 22, 2009

John 5 - Restacking My Deck


I just saw Rob Zombie last week in Indy. (which BTW I give 9 outta 10 stars for his show at the Murat). Now typically most Zombie songs have great guitar solos or any solos at all. So watching the concert I had no idea that John 5 was a shredder. And by watching him walk around the stage I wouldn't have guessed he's a metal guiarist. For one he plays a Telecaster. Not know for metal. For two he plays his guitar up so high like David Byrne of the Talking Heads and shakes his head like he's one of the Monkeys. It wasn't till the next day I was checking out his website online to discover his Bio. He's played with David Lee Roth, Marilyn Manson, Rob Halford, special guest on Hour 1 on the Scorpions last album and now Rob Zombie. He also has 4 solo efforts. I check them out on iTunes and I was really surprised....REALLY surprised.

1. Requiem (personal favorite)
2. Songs for Sanity
3. Remixploitation
4. Vertigo

The dude can shred. His style his heavy quick and even throws in a little chicken-pickin'. I've just post my new rankings over to the right. I have to put him in the top 5 all time...crazy huh?

No comments: