Saturday, October 31, 2009

Metallica My Way: Top Ten Metallica Songs


Old Metallica, New Metallica and everything in between. I will say first after a recent show of theirs, I did enjoy hearing the old stuff but was disappointed not to hear at the very least some in between stuff (St Anger, Load, Reload, Garage Inc).
Personally I didn't grow up on Metallica. I remember the early days of Metallica in high school. They were regarded as strictly as thrash or speed metal. If you liked thrash/speed metal, you didn't like anything else. I wasn't like that. I had a wider range of taste when it came to Rock/Hard Rock/Metal. At that time when they first came out I didn't really care for them at all. I was more into Classic Hard Rock/Metal of the Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Van Halen, Scorpions and Black Sabbath. It wasn't until the MTV performance of Enter Sandman that I went out and purchase my first Metallica cassette. Now of course the rest of Metallica followers thought Metallica sold out going Metal-Mainstream. I will also say every Metallica fan as well as Metallica themselves hate St. Anger. After watching Some Kind of Monster I see why Metallica hates the album. But as a fan I think it's one of their better albums. It progressed from the previous 90s albums. It fits perfectly in between the 90s albums and Death Magnetic. It's harder than the 90s stuff. Plus I never once heard a song from that album on local radio which is fine with me. NO overplay. Here's my Top Ten Metallica song. Some old, some new and some in between.

1. Of Wolf of Man
2. Frantic
3. My Friend of Misery
4. Shoot Me Again
5. Seek and Destroy
6. Eye of the Beholder
7. King Nothing
8. Some Kind of Monster
9. Cyanide
10. Sabbra Cadabbra

No comments: