Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My 3 Rants: Rant #2 - Journey

Recently I purchased the new Journey 3 disc set. 2 studio cds and 1 dvd which I'll get to. I heard the rumor a few months ago they discovered the new singer, Arnel Pineda with his band The Zoo on YouTube. So of course I had to check it out for myself. I watched The Zoo's live show which looked like it was at some party hall. The band itself was just ok but Arnel sounded like the second coming of Steve Perry. You name it, Faithfully, Don't Stop Believin', Open Arms, Who's Crying Now....He hit every note just like Steve. So while I was at Wal-Mart recently I purchased their 3 disc set. The first CD is all new stuff which I will be candid and say it was pretty lame. Nothing rockin right off. The third disc is a live DVD which is sort of funny since they just got this guy, they must have filmed the first show and put it out. The second disc is what my rant is about: Here's the playlist: Only the Young, Don't Stop Beleivin, Wheel in the Sky, Faithfully, Any Way You Want It, Who's Cryin Now, Separate Ways, Lights, Open Arms, Be Good To Yourself, and Stone in Love. Live work...no. All new recordings with the new singer. Are you kidding me. I feel for Steve Perry. I have the feeling while I'm listening to it that Steve is getting ripped off. I don't quite understand why Journey had to do this. These were all classics to begin with. Don't F$#@ with classics. Not to mention it's a cheap way to make a buck. Unfortunatly I purchased a ticket to next Wednesday's concert(before I purchased the Album(s). Now I'm forced into NOT being able to boycott or be out $35 bucks and stand up my friends who talked me into buying the ticket in the first place.

No comments: