Saturday, September 20, 2008

This or That

Lennon or McCartney: Absolutely Lennon. He was the true leader and sound of the band. Sorry Paul, you are and will always be second fiddle to John.

Bon or Brian: Bon. I'm old school and like the more raw young sound of early AC/DC. The early albums within the exception of Powerage, generated more hits per album than the Brian stuff after Back in Black.

Vai or Satriani: I have to go with the teacher here more than the student. Joe's sound is more real and more thought out rather than just a bunch of daloodle daloodle, daloodle.

Steve Perry or Anel Penada: Are freakin kidding me?

Ozzy or Dio: Ok so here's an interesting one. Ozzy was the original but both have their unique qualities. Ozzy has that distinct voice and Dio had a more hard "rock-in-roll-in-your-face" voice. Counting their solo career, I'm going with Ozzy. His solo was more successful...besides you don't Dio and family have their own tv show.

The Sex Pistols or The Clash: Nobody is more rotten than Johnny.

Don Henley or Glen Fry: Going with Don Henley...with songs like Those Shoes, Hotel California and a string of solo hits....what did Don Henley do....Lyin Eyes and Miami Vice?

Marilyn Manson or Alice Cooper: I'm gonna have to give Marilyn props here. He's taken the whole shock-rock to whole new level...sorry Alice.

Les Paul or Fender: I've played a Fender all my life and wanted a Les Paul all my life and finally got one a couple of years and lets just say I haven't picked up my Fender in a while. Plus you can't beat the Candy Apple Quilt top look of a Les Paul. Classic Sunburst is cool too.

Randy Rhodes, Jake E. Lee, or Zakk Wylde: Rather than pick one...I'm givng a surprised order....1. Jack E. Lee, 2. Randy Rhodes, 3. Zakk Wylde. Although Randy was the original his solos weren't very heavy or difficult. Zakk's solos all sound the same. Even the rhythm parts sound all the same. Jake is a little more heavier player and gets the nod.

Jimi Page or Jeff Beck: I think Jeff Beck is an awesome guitar player...but I think Jimi is a more well rounded player.

Shirley Manson or Gwen Steffani: I had to throw this in because they are both absolutely hot..but Shirley gets the nod..she's more dirty.

David Lee or Sammy: No better frontman than Diamond Dave. Sammy is better doing solo than he was sharing a stage.

More to come.

1 comment:

kell said...

what the effe is a daloodle??

im taken back by your choice of manson over cooper.

lennon
bon
sariani
perry (no contest)
ozzy for sure
clash
manson
drums anyone?
rhodes (but burly is still hot)
beck
gwen
dlr for sure.